This is a 2 day workshop for expectant families. In person and online batches are conducted each month mostly on the last Friday and Saturday of the month.
Families often report not getting correct, appropriate, timely information and support in hospitals at the time of childbirth and that often compromises their breastfeeding journey. The aim of this workshop is to empower families with knowledge and skills so that they are able to take informed feeding decisions.
Antenatal Breastfeeding / Chestfeeding Preparation Classes
Why breastfeeding preparation classes Classes ?
They help you in understanding how breastfeeding works .
They discuss the pros and cons of different feeding methods.
They teach practical skills about breastfeeding.
They talk about myths surrounding breastfeeding.
They guide you about when to reach out for and who to reach out to , if you are facing challenges..
So many families face challenges while breastfeeding and more often than not its because of either lack of knowledge / skills or lack of timely support. Breastfeeding is a learned skill and often we imbibe what we see around us. Our current breastfeeding rates are not very great and you will not find many people around you who have exclusively breastfed their babies for the first 6 months thus creating many doubts and confusions in your mind. It helps to get an idea about the true facts and science of breastfeeding and also know that our healthcare system mostly lacks in providing skilled healthcare support to breastfeeding / nursing families.
Becoming parents is a beautiful journey and like any other journey it helps to be prepared in advance! Your family needs to be prepared for the Breastfeeding and Parenting Journey you will embark on the moment your baby arrives! To be prepared one needs to acquire knowledge as well as learn practical skills.One needs to know what to expect, and also have a plan B.
Who all can benefit ?
These classes are primarily meant for every family expecting a baby….for example
1 Pregnant couples in their 2nd and 3rd trimesters (4th to 9th month) and their families.
2 Families with new babies .
3 Second/third time parents who had challenges breastfeeding their previous baby/babies and their families.
4 Couples having a baby via surrogacy or adoption and their families.
Structure of the workshop
Our workshop is spread over 2 days. It’s possible to enrol for only Day 1 or for both the Days. We recommend that you attend both the days. Class 1 covers the basics and class 2 covers additional topics of importance(details below)
Each session will be roughly 1.5 hours. Ample time for discussions and Q n A will be there at end of each session. Handouts with relevant information discussed during sessions will be shared on your registered email after the sessions.
Following is a brief overview of the sessions .
- Breastfeeding whys, hows and wows!! (How breastfeeding works )
- How to prepare for the immediate post delivery/adoption period.
- How to make your breastfeeding plan, why is it important to convey it to your family and Doctor, how to effectively communicate it to your family and doctor.
- How normal breastfeeding looks like ?
- Basic breastfeeding know how
- How to breastfeed?
- What is normal infant behaviour?
- How to know if your child is getting enough?
- How to avoid sore nipples?
- Father’s role in breastfeeding.
- Why family support is crucial and how to get it?
- Common misconceptions and true facts.
- Breastfeeding mother’s diet myths and facts.
- When to seek support.
- Why is making a plan B crucial? Things do not always go as planned, it pays to be prepared
- Educating your support system.
- Small changes that make an impact on how breastfeeding goes.
- Maternal illnesses and medications and breastfeeding.
- Overcoming challenges during initial days.
- Breastfeeding in times of coronavirus Pandemic
- Interpersonal relationships while breastfeeding
- Sharing of workload when baby comes
- Maternal mental health.
- Breastfeeding and gadgets
- Joining back work and breastfeeding
Schedule of Online sessions
Both Inperson and Online Monthly Sessions on Antenatal Breastfeeding preparation classes are conducted on the Fourth Friday and Saturday of every Month. For ensuring better discussions we keep Number of participants limited thus spots are available on a first come first serve basis.
How to Enrol for Antenatal Breastfeeding Preparation Classes ?
The Enrolment fees for a Single Session on Day 1 is INR 1699/-
When you Enrol for both the sessions together( DAY 1 + DAY 2 ) the enrolment fee is INR 3000/-
Click the BOOK NOW button below to make a payment. You will be directed to PayUmoney gateway and will need to submit your mobile number at time of payment. After a successful payment, PayUmoney will send a ref no to the mobile number on SMS from PAYUMN. Note down this Reference number as this will be needed while submitting the registration form for completing your enrolment. After submission of Payment and registration form, you shall be assigned the earliest available spot in the workshop on a first come first serve basis.
If you are not comfortable with the date allotted to you, you have the option to cancel or reschedule it ,with full refund till 24 hours before the session .
Know more about Dr Shacchee Baweja