Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, we are conducting Online sessions only. The physical classes shall resume soon.
Antenatal Breastfeeding / Chestfeeding Preparation Classes
Why Classes ?
Becoming parents (Via pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy) is a beautiful journey and like any other journey it helps to be prepared in advance! Your family team needs to be prepared for the Breastfeeding and Parenting Journey you will embark on the moment your baby arrives! To be prepared one needs to have required knowledge as well as learn practical skills.One needs to know what to expect, and also have a plan B.
Who all can benefit ?
These classes are primarily meant for Pregnant couples in their 2nd and 3rd trimesters (4th to 9th month) and their families.(Families with new babies can also attend) .These classes will be even more useful to second time parents who had challenges breastfeeding their 1st baby.
Structure of classes
These sessions are Online session conducted on the Platform of ZOOM and a premium Zoom account is used to ensure privacy and security. You should have a good Internet Connection for a smooth experience. Using a Laptop or Desktop will give a better experience as compared to a mobile device in a long session. There will be 2 sessions on 2 days of 1-1.5 hours each, with a maximum of 5 couples in each batch. Ample time is given to participants for asking queries at end of sessions. Handouts with relevant information discussed during sessions will be shared via email after both the sessions.
Following is a brief overview of the sessions extending over 2 days..
- Breastfeeding whys, hows and wows!! (How breastfeeding works)
- How to prepare for the immediate post delivery/adoption period.
- How to make your breastfeeding plan and convey it to your family and Doctor.
- What is normal breastfeeding behavior?
- Basic breastfeeding know how
- How to breastfeed?
- How to know if your child is getting enough?
- What to do to avoid sore nipples?
- How to overcome common challenges?
- How to communicate with your family?
- Common misconceptions and true facts.
- Why is making a plan B crucial? Things do not always go as planned, it pays to be prepared
- Educating your support system.
- Small changes that make an impact on how breastfeeding goes.
- Maternal illnesses and medications and breastfeeding.
- What to expect during initial days.
- Breastfeeding in times of coronavirus Pandemic
- Interpersonal relationships while breastfeeding
- Sharing of workload when baby comes
- Maternal mental health.
- Breastfeeding and gadgets
- Joining back work and breastfeeding
Schedule of Online sessions
The Monthly Sessions on Antenatal Breastfeeding preparation classes are conducted on Second Friday and Second Saturday of every Month. Number of participants is limited to FIVE only to have a good lively discussion and to answer your maximum queries.
How to Enrol for Antenatal Breastfeeding Preparation Classes ?
The enrolment fees for both the sessions is INR 3000/- Enrolment for a single day is not possible.
Click the PAY NOW button below to make a payment. You will be directed to PayUmoney gateway and will need to submit your mobile number at time of payment. After a successful payment, PayUmoney will send a ref no to the mobile number on SMS from PAYUMN. Note down this Reference number as this will be needed while submitting the registration form for completing your enrolment. After submission of Payment and registration form, you shall be contacted on your E-mail in 2-3 working days for further information.