How to protect your family
These are few measures one can take to protect your loved ones…
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use any hand sanitizer which as at least 60% alcohol.
- Limit your close contact with people other than family members by practicing social distancing. This means staying home as much as possible.
- Keep children and elderly away from others who are sick or keep them home if they themselves are ill.
- Educate everyone at home, especially kids to cough and sneeze into their arm or elbow, not their hands. And to immediately wash hands even if they have accidentally coughed or sneezed into hands.
- Clean and disinfect your home as usual using regular household cleaning sprays or wipes. No special solutions are needed.
- Wash stuffed toys in the warmest water possible and sun-dry them.
- Avoid touching your face, nostrils, eyes, etc; teach your children to do the same.
- Avoid travel to highly infected areas.
- Follow restrictions laid down by local government authorities with 100% compliance
If your child has been exposed to COVID-19, or you are concerned about your child’s symptoms, call your pediatrician immediately.
Matter inspired by guidelines issued by American Academy of Pediatrics(AAP), CLICK Here to view more info by AAP.